
Shaqaalaha BHP Oo 24 Saac Marka Labaad Shaqada Joojiyay Port Hedland
Shaqaalaha BHP ee seddex urur shaqaale ayaa 24 saac shaqada joojiyay 9kii August 2026 ee Port Hedland, halka shaqaalaha korontada high voltage ee u dhow Newman ay galaan 12 saac shaqo joojin. Waxaa qayb ka qaatay AWU.
Khilaafka U Dhexeeya Ururrada Shaqaalaha iyo BHP
Shaqaalaha AWU ayaa qayb ka qaatay joojinta shaqada 9kii August 2026. Ficilka qayaxan ee dekadda ayaa noqday joojin buuxda ka dib markii la sheegay in BHP ay ugu hanjabtay shaqaalaha inaan la siin mushaar. BHP diidmo ayay u muujisay.
BHP waxay diiday sheegashada, iyada oo ku doodaysa in 47 hawlood oo AWU ay xaqiijisay inay hoos yimaadaan mamnuucidda rarista ayaa ka tagay shaqaalaha aan shaqo lahayn. BHP waxay tiri: 'Workplace laws are clear that we are not required to pay for the portion of an employee's work that is subject to an industrial ban.'
Wadahadalada iyo Kulanka Guddoomiyaha Shaqada
Wadahadalada ururrada shaqaalaha ayaa bilaabmay Oktoobar la soo dhaafay, iyada oo 11 kulan oo gorgortan ah ay dhaceen laakiin aysan heshiis gaarin. Bishii July shaqaalaha ururku waxay galeen shaqo joojin 8 saac ah oo aan kharash weyn u geysan BHP sida la fahmay.
Ururrada shaqaalaha ma aanay meesha ka saarin shaqo joojin dheeraad ah inkasta oo ay labada dhinac sheegeen horumar togan. BHP waxay balan qaaday inay soo bandhigto soo jeedin cusub 18ka August xafladda Fair Work Commission.
Doodaha Hoggaamiyayaasha iyo Jawaabta Magaalada
Craig Beveridge oo ah xoghayaha gobolka AWU wuxuu yiri: 'BHP must understand that the Combined Ports Unions will not be deterred by threats or intimidation.' Steve McCartney oo AMWU WA ah wuxuu filayay inay ka badnaan doonaan boqol shaqaale.
Dale Stewart oo ah maamulaha Town of Port Hedland wuxuu yiri: 'This is a matter between BHP, its workforce and their representatives, and the Town has no role in enterprise bargaining negotiations.' Magaaladu waxay qiratay in ficilku walaac geysan karo.
Workers at BHP's Port Hedland operations have downed tools for a second time, with a 24-hour stoppage across three unions on 9 August 2026 following an earlier eight-hour strike in July. The escalation comes as negotiations with the Combined Ports Unions have stalled after 11 bargaining meetings without agreement.
Full Stoppage After Alleged Pay Threats
The partial strike action at the port descended into a full stoppage after workers were allegedly threatened with no pay by BHP. AMWU WA secretary Steve McCartney said he expected more than a hundred workers to participate in the industrial action.
BHP rejected the claim, arguing the 47 work activities the AWU advised were subject to the ban on loading left employees with no work to do. The company stated: 'Workplace laws are clear that we are not required to pay for the portion of an employee's work that is subject to an industrial ban.'
Ships Continue Loading Despite Dispute
BHP said ships continued to be loaded during yesterday's stoppage, with multiple bulk carriers seen departing BHP berths. A statement read: 'Vessels are being loaded, with scheduled departures subject to usual port planning and tides.'
AWU state secretary Craig Beveridge warned: 'BHP must understand that the Combined Ports Unions will not be deterred by threats or intimidation.' Meanwhile, the Town of Port Hedland acknowledged the action could cause unease but stated it had no part to play in the negotiations.
Broader Industrial Action and Outlook
High voltage workers near Newman will strike for 12 hours, responsible for electricity supply about 450 kilometres inland from Port Hedland. Unions have not ruled out further strikes despite both sides alluding to positive progress in a bargaining meeting with the Fair Work Commission earlier this week.
BHP has committed to tabling an updated proposal at the next bargaining meeting with the Fair Work Commission on August 18. The Town of Port Hedland CEO Dale Stewart said: 'This is a matter between BHP, its workforce and their representatives, and the Town has no role in enterprise bargaining negotiations.'



