
Dabacsigii dhulka ee xeebta Zamboï ayaa geystay dhimasho aad u badan oo ka dhacday dalka Jamhuuriyadda Dhexe ee Afrika
Dabacsigii dhulka oo ka dhacay meel lagu sameynayo guryaha dhagaxda ee Zamboï, gobolka waqooyiga dalka Jamhuuriyadda Dhexe ee Afrika (CAR), ayaa geystay dhimasho aad u badan, iyadoo la sheegay in 107 qof ay ku dhinteen, halka saddex ka mid ah ay yihiin dad Soomaali ah.
Xaaladda dhimashada iyo tallaabooyinka degdegga ah
Maamulaha Garoua-Boulaï, Adamou Abdon, ayaa sheegay in dabacsigii dhulka uu ka dhacay maanta bishii, iyadoo 107 qof oo dhintay laga soo saaray dhulka. Dadka dhaawacmay ayaa loo qaaday isbitaalka Baboua, oo ka tirsan gobolka CAR, iyadoo 50km u jira meesha dhaca.
Waxaa la sheegay in saddex ka mid ah dadka dhintay ay yihiin dad Soomaali ah, iyadoo maamulka gobolka Waqooyiga Soomaaliya uu sheegay in jirka la soo celiyay si loo dhaqaaqo dhulka.
Sababta dabacsiga iyo baaritaanka
Warbaahinta gobolka CAR ayaa sheegtay in la furay baaritaan ku saabsan sababta dabacsiga, iyadoo la sheegay in dhulka uu ka dhacay meelaha dhagaxda ee loo isticmaalo, iyadoo la sheegay in dhulka uu ka dhacay meelaha dhagaxda ee loo isticmaalo.
Maamulaha gobolka CAR, Grégoire Mvongo, ayaa sheegay in jirka la soo celiyay si loo dhaqaaqo dhulka, iyadoo la sheegay in jirka la soo celiyay si loo dhaqaaqo dhulka.
Xaaladda dadka iyo tallaabooyinka soo socda
Dadka dhaawacmay ayaa loo qaaday isbitaalka Baboua, iyadoo la sheegay in jirka la soo celiyay si loo dhaqaaqo dhulka. Maamulaha gobolka CAR, Grégoire Mvongo, ayaa sheegay in jirka la soo celiyay si loo dhaqaaqo dhulka.
Dadka dhaawacmay ayaa loo qaaday isbitaalka Baboua, iyadoo la sheegay in jirka la soo celiyay si loo dhaqaaqo dhulka. Maamulaha gobolka CAR, Grégoire Mvongo, ayaa sheegay in jirka la soo celiyay si loo dhaqaaqo dhulka.
A massive landslide at a gold mining site in Zamboï, western Central African Republic, has killed more than 100 people, with rescue teams still searching for survivors buried under the rubble.
Rescue Efforts Underway Amid Rising Fears
Adamou Abdon, the mayor of the Cameroonian border town of Garoua-Boulaï, confirmed to the BBC that the disaster struck on Tuesday afternoon. So far, 107 lifeless bodies have been removed from the wreckage, but officials warn the death toll could climb further as rescue operations continue.
Survivors were transported to Baboua, a town roughly 50km from the mining site, where medical teams are treating the injured. The governor of Cameroon's East Region, Grégoire Mvongo, said at least three Cameroonian nationals among the victims are being repatriated for burial.
Cause of Collapse Remains Under Investigation
Cedric Mbango, a miner at the site, told AFP: 'The ground completely collapsed and buried people. As I speak to you, other people are still buried.' Local authorities have launched an inquiry into the incident, with the public prosecutor in Baboua suggesting that the collapse of underground tunnels where miners were working may have triggered the disaster.
Videos shared online appear to show a slope collapsing onto a crowd of people as others ran to safety. While the exact cause is not yet confirmed, experts note that artisanal mining pits are often left unsealed and torrential rains can weaken the soil, making such collapses a recurring hazard in the region.
Artisanal Mining a Lifeline for Many Families
Artisanal mining is the primary source of income for numerous households in the area, yet working conditions remain perilous, with miners frequently exposed to serious health and environmental risks. The Zamboï incident underscores the dangers inherent in this labour-intensive sector, where safety measures are often lacking.
As investigations proceed, the broader implications for mining safety in the region are being examined. The tragedy has drawn attention to the urgent need for improved regulations and infrastructure to protect workers engaged in small-scale gold extraction across the Central African Republic.



